Tuesday, December 1, 2009

painting update. -excuse lack of captials cat spilled water on my keyboard-


this is the actual painting portion of the piece. next is to mount the piece. im thinking I a piece of wood stained and have some of the elements of the painting bleeding out onto the wood. it is on 4 6x6 aqua boards, it watercolor with some metal inks. i used the liqutex new inks. and im not impressed. I miss the old brand of inks i used to use but i cant find them at Jerry's anymore. the jaquard paint i bought for the silver is nice and if i cant find the inks I may switch to that.
i did my 2nd sitting on Sunday. a very different experience from my first sitting. he actually sat still. part of the experience of sitting is to get a real feel of the person. as well. you can learn a lot about someone by sitting and observing them. also very different features and personality then the rev. the Matt has such pretty features but isn't nearly as expressive as the rev. he said something about being a human cartoon. both of them my friends and i find both of them beautiful. hopefully today i will start matt's painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment